The Ukrainian Council of Nursing and Midwifery (UCNM ) establishes an international register system in Ukraine.
It means that all qualified nurses, midwifes and specialized medical nurses who have graduated:
• from Ukrainian Health Care institutions and practicing in Ukraine
• from Ukraine and practicing abroad
• from abroad and practicing in Ukraine
must register the level of their skills and qualification improvement in UNMC.
Ukrainian Council of Nursing and Midwifery decides about necessary interview with the applicant or makes decisions about rejection that is a matter of further information in the written statement sent by mail.
Registration procedure takes a period from 2 up to 4 weeks.
Information for medical nurses and midwifes who are willing to register here
Register for the Ukrainian Council of Nursing and Midwifery
Contains three sections: nurses, midwifes and specialized nurses.
Nurses and midwifes, can apply for registration in one or several corresponding sections of the Register:
- with general qualification
- for mentally sick patients
- specialized in care for the disabled patients with limited ability to study
- Children’s nurses
To apply for registration nurses and midwifes should certify their education and available clinical practice according to the accepted standards.
Application for registration is accepted if nursing or midwifery qualification is available in Ukraine or obtained in the own country of residence.
In Ukraine training for a nurse before her registration is accomplished on the base of completed secondary education and lasts over 3 years. Hours for theoretical preparation are corresponding to the practical training of the nurse. Studying of other disciplines as politic sciences, literature and foreign languages is not included into the term of three-year training.
One should have at least 750 hours of practical work as a nurse for the previous 5 years right before the moment of applying.
It is required that the applicant demonstrated enough communicative skills in English including colloquial and written. Candidates are required to pass the language test TOEFL, IELTS, ÀÊÌÀ.
Required documents for processing of registration should include copies of the documents below (originals are not required)
- Certificates of school education and general secondary education and with indication of the length of training
- Marriage certificates or certificates of surname, name, patronymic change
- Birth certificates
- Certificates of specialised education (nurses or midwifes)
- Other certificates of post-registration education, advance qualification professional training and other certificates
- • The Certificate of English Language Competence (if available)
- Two photos (passport-type)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Diploma about higher (secondary) medical education with attached reference of theoretical and practical classes and indication of corresponding hours of training.
Form of post-registration work experience (see attached)
Reference should include indication of a full work experience description and professional activity as a nurse or a midwife. It is necessary to attach information about registration authority where registration was obtained. It is recommended that all cases of defaulting practitioners with their names removed from the register or other matters which might bring into question a good character or disciplinary actions that prevent from registration are available.
Attached reference to the certificate
It must include total quantity of hours for theoretical and practical training and indication of corresponding hours in each discipline with description of the character of practice. If educational institution uses credits system it is required to indicate the number of hours that compose each of theoretical and practical credits.
Letters of Recommendation
The following references must be provided by the senior nurse or the midwife and should be in accordance with the type of registration that is applied for:
1. References from the senior nurse or the midwife (accordingly), from the actual place of employment that certifies your work and abilities to supply corresponding medical service effectively and with compliance to all safety measures.
When at present you are not employed, corresponding references from the last place of work where you had practiced for at least 3 months.
2. References from the Senior Nurse or the Midwife you worked with for a period of at least one year within the last 5 years.
References of the agencies will not be admitted.
References of the registration authority (Certificate of Good Standing) (issued by the registration authority)
This reference must be filled in by the registration organ only and contain evidence of registration in your country. Provided this section cannot be filled by the registration authority owing to data from medical committee, it should be completed by medical committee representative, district medical doctor or physician as alternative.
Each application will be individually considered. Usually, the answer should be expected within the term of 14-30 working days if appropriately applied and in conformity with the forms and documents provided.